Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Mid Week Update

I know that I just blogged on Monday, but I have a few updates for all of you Codi fans out there. After taking Codi to his 2 month check up at the doctor I stood corrected about his weight...You will never believe it. In just 2 weeks he has gained 2 lbs making him a chunky 11.1 lbs!!!! I was shocked! My little guy is getting so big! He is also 23 1/4 inches long and in the 25% for both height and weight. In the doctors words, he is perfect.

And I have to say, the shots were hard, but not as hard as I thought they would be. There are a lot of different opinions about which shots to give your newborn--do you give them all of the shots your doctors recommends, just take them one at a time, wait until they are a bit older? Well, after my own research I decided to trust the expert and go with what my doctor recommended which was give him all of the shots. I held his hands as the nurse quickly gave him 5 shots in his little legs and as soon as they were done, I scooped him up with tears in my eyes and cuddled that boy the rest of the day! He was such a trooper. He cried while they gave him his shots, but as soon as I held him against me, he quieted right up and just cuddled into me. For the rest of the day he ate and slept and was only a little cranky. He did have a slight fever of 99.8 for most of the night, but once I gave him some tylenol the fever went away. He woke up the next morning good as new!

As I am in the last month of my maternity leave, I am trying to soak up every little minute with my special man. He makes every day so special and he has captured my heart in no time!

Hope you all have a fantastic week and weekend!

Kendall

1 comment:

  1. side note - the Lucas family has really attractive and clean looking feet. I really can't believe how nice the bottoms of your feet look.

    ReplyDelete